Every seller wants their home to sell fast and bring top dollar. Does that sound good to you? Well, it’s not luck that makes that happen. It’s careful planning and knowing how to professionally spruce up your home that will send home buyers scurrying for their checkbooks. Here is how to prepare your home and turn it into an irresistible and EZ sale.
1. You must disassociate yourself with your home. Walk thru your home and say goodbye to every room and don’t look backwards, look to the future.
2. You must de-personalize. Pack up those personal photographs, collectables and family heirlooms. Buyers cant see past the personal artifacts.
3. You have to de-clutter and remove all books from bookcases, pack up knickknacks, clean off everything on the kitchen counter. This will get you a jump start on packing, but remember not to pack anything that you may need.
4. Rearrange Bedroom Closets and Kitchen Cabinets. Buyers love to snoop and will open closet and cabinet doors, so it is a good idea to neatly stack dishes and line up all your clothes and shoes.
5. Almost every home shows better with less furniture. Remove pieces that block or hamper paths and walkways. Place packed up belongings and garage clutter in storage.
6. Make those minor repairs that you have been meaning to make. Patch holes in walls, fix leaky facets, fix doors the don’t close properly and kitchen draws that jam. Consider painting the walls a neutral color to give the room an updated look. Also, remember to replace all burned out bulbs so that buyers will not think there are electrical issues to be addressed.
7. Make your home sparkle by cleaning from floor to ceiling. Washing the windows inside and out, Pressure wash and spray down sidewalk and exterior of the home as this will help with the appearance of your home. Vacuum and sweep on a daily basis because you never know when the next showing might come.
8. One area that tends to get overlooked is the curb appeal and this is one of the most important things to not overlook. If a buyer doesn’t like the exterior of your home, you’ll never get them inside. Keep the sidewalks clear, the lawn mowed and trim the bushes.
9. The atmosphere is equally as important. Make sure if at all possible the you are absent during the showing. Keep pets outside or off the property if possible. Be sure that if you do have pets that you clean up any hair, litter boxes, food and water dishes.
This is just a small list of things that you can do to give your home an advantage over the competition and to help bring you top dollar.